Statistics 3858 January to April 2017
Introduction to the Theory of Statistics
1. Instructor R. J. Kulperger WSC 231. e-mail: email@example.com or phone 519-661-3627 (or 83627 on campus).
2. Course outline: Stat3858bOutline
Text : Rice, Mathematical Statistics, Third Edition. Note this is the same textbook as used in Statistics 3657a.
3. Lecture schedule 11:30 AM to 12:20 PM, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, WSC 240.
Tutorial : Wednesday 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM, WSC 240
4. Handout are located at Handouts
6. Office hours :
RJK : Monday, Thursday, Friday 2:30-3:20.
Office hour for April 3, 2017 is cancelled due to a thesis exam for which I am an examiner. I will instead have an office hour on Wednesday April 5 2:30-3:30 this week.
Classes end on Thursday April 6, and I will have an office hour that day. On Friday I will not have an office hour as I will move grad student meetings to Friday from Wednesday.
TA Office Hour : The TA office hours are Tuesday 10:30-11:30 AM.
There are no office hours on the days of the tests.
Tutorial : Starts Jan 11, 2017.
I have put some suggested problems in the homework section of this website as of Jan 11, 2017.
7. Exam : The Registrar's Office schedule is now out, but no room is yet assigned. The Stat 3858B exam is Monday April 10, 9 AM-12 Noon. Room SSC 3022
8. Some miscellaneous comments misc.htm